Rules and Regulations
- There is NO FEE for entering this Contest.
- Applicants must be 18 years of age or older
- Must be a resident of Spotsylvania County.
- The name (Spotsy Arts Festival) or Date (month, days, year) or (year) do not have to be incorporated into the poster’s design unless they are integral to the design but can be. However, if it isn’t the design must allow space for the official title and date.
- Original work only! Do not use or incorporate copyrighted artwork, photos or work that has been previously submitted to this or other competitions.
- Any application not complying will be automatically rejected
- If a Poster Winner is subsequently found to incorporate any such items, they will be required to return their winnings and will be rejected from any future participation in the Spotsy Arts Festival’s Poster Contest.
- SAF reserves the right to reject any or all of the submissions.
- Submissions that contain content that is considered offensive, such as nudity or profanity will be automatically rejected.
- If the Judges decide that none of the applications meet the Festival Criteria, they will be rejected and the Contest will be opened to anyone residing in Virginia and the submission date will be November 30.
- Designs must be
- Submitted digitally in jpeg, tiff or gif format and be at least 300 dpi
- The image MUST NOT include the name of the artist or any identifying symbols
- The application must contain the Name, Address, Phone Number and Email address.
- Submission must be able to be enlarged into poster format.
- Only one entry per application.
- This event is held RAIN OR SHINE.
- Each Exhibitor is responsible for their own display materials. Tents, tables and chairs are NOT
- Tents, tables, hanging system will be provided if requested.
- Only artists accepted in to the Spotsy Arts Festival are permitted to participate. Subletting, selling or giving space to anyone is not permitted.
- All work and displays must stay within your designated spot. No boxes, extra merchandise or debris should be visible. The assigned area must be kept clean throughout the event and be left spotless afterwards. No soliciting merchandise or services.
- Exhibitors must participate both days for the full duration of the show.
- Rude, obscene or abusive language and/or threatening or actual physical restraint and/or abuse of another Exhibitor, staff or the public is strictly prohibited and will result in immediate removal and banishment from participation in future shows.
- Do not distribute material outside of your designated booth space or loudly solicit visitors into your exhibit space. Amplified music is not permitted, except for entertainment contracted by the Festival Director.
- Photographs will be taken during the Festival. It is understood these photographs can or will be used in future advertising and promotions for the Spotsy Arts Festival.
- Each Exhibitor must have their own insurance.
- All local laws must be followed.
- Must agree to be responsible for the collection of Virginia State Sales Tax.
- Must assume all of the risks in participating in the Spotsy Arts Festival, which includes JART, Inc. and Spotsylvania County, as an Exhibitor, Vendor, Performer or Volunteer and any and all associated activities including but not limited to —
- Waive, Release, Discharge, Indemnify and Hold Harmless from any and all liability JART, Inc. Spotsylvania County and any of their employees, directors, consultants, Members of the Board, volunteers, representatives, agents, assign successors, contractors, suppliers, exhibitors, vendors, event sponsors regarding any and all claims that my participation could give rise to any claim or otherwise cause liability