Each year the Spotsy Arts Festival will issue a call for artists to design a poster which will be selected as the official Poster for the following year. This poster must depict the arts and can include the landscape of Spotsylvania County.
- The design must be thematically related to the arts.
- The artwork must be original and unpublished.
- The artwork must be hand painted or drawn: oil, acrylic, watercolor, pastel, alcohol ink, colored pencils, etc.
- Use bright colors to illustrate the purpose of the poster.
- Be creative, think outside of the box, have fun and follow the rules!
We look forward to seeing what artists come up with when they are given creative latitude.
The posters are judged on the artist’s interpretation of how they envision the Spotsy Arts Festival and the County along with their artistic interpretation, originality, aesthetic appearance and how well it represents the Spotsy Arts Festival.
The original art work may be requested by the Festival Jury Committee prior to the Committee’s final decision.
SAF will be responsible for ensuring the name of the artists are not available to the Committee prior to or during the judging process.
All submissions will be judged by the Festival Jury Committee. The decisions of the Jury are final.
FIRST PRIZE $1,000
SECOND PRIZE $400
THIRD PRIZE $200
- Winners will also receive free shared Exhibitor Space where they can show and sell their work exclusive of Winning Submissions
- A framed copy of the winning entries will be presented to the artists which can be displayed in the winner’s tent but cannot be for sale.
- The winning poster for each year will be prominently displayed in the Spotsylvania County Visitor’s Center until the following Festival year and for special events.
- For further information, see the Art Work Entry Rules included in the Application.
NOTE: It is understood that the winners will —
- To the best of their ability, participate in selected advertising and promotional events
- Attend the Exhibitor’s Reception and Artist Award Reception on Friday night when the Prizes will be awarded
*If needed, the Tent and System will be provided
Application Due Date
- Applications are due NLT September 30.
Applications must be accompanied by a photo of your art work.
The preferred method of submitting your application and photograph is via this electronic application or via email — Applications@SpotsyArtsFestival.com. Images should be of jpeg/gif/tiff format with image size less than 1.8 MBs Your name and any other identifying information should not be on the photographic image.
Alternatively, photos may be mailed with the application to – Spotsy Arts Festival, PO Box 274, Montross, VA 22520.
Tentative Festival Schedule
Friday 8 am – 4 pm Set Up (a detailed site map and instructions for setup/unloading/loading will be sent prior to the Festival)
Friday 5 pm – 7 pm Reception/Awards Ceremony. All participating artists are encouraged to attend.
Saturday 10 am – 6 pm Spotsy Arts Festival hours
Sunday 11 am – 5 pm Spotsy Arts Festival hours
Sunday 5 pm -? Take down